TiVo® Smart Home Compatibility
Control your TiVo box without lifting a finger. Alexa can do many of the things you usually do with your TiVo remote. When you pair your TiVo box to your Amazon Echo device, you can put your remote aside – just ask Alexa instead.
How to pair your TiVo to Alexa:
- Press the TiVo button on your remote to go to the Home screen, then choose “Apps”.
- Works with Alexa app.
- On the Pairing screen, note the activation code and the name of your TiVo box – you’ll need these during setup. If you have more than one TiVo box, make sure each one is unique and easily-recognizable or you will not be able to complete setup.
- Open the Amazon Alexa app on your mobile device.
- Open the navigation menu, and select “Skills & Games.”
- In the search box, enter “TiVo.”
- Select “TiVo” from the list and follow the on-screen instructions. You’re all set!
- To pair additional TiVo box, select “Manage and Link Devices” in the TiVo skill, then choose “Link another device.”
Apps currently available: Netflix, HBO GO and YouTube.
More About TiVo:
- Voice Control – Say it. Watch it. It’s that easy.
- Multi-Screen Experience – Seamless experience with TV’s, tablets and phones.
- Video Apps – Your live, recorded and streaming TV. All in one place.
- DVR and OnePass™ – Get to the good stuff faster.
- VU-IT App – Be in control even on-the-go.
- VU-IT On Demand – Rent new releases with your remote.
- Equipment – Learn about TiVo, TiVo Mini, and Voice Control Remote
Availability of third-party content from streaming sources is subject to change, and certain third-party fees may apply.
© 2019 TiVo Corporation. All rights reserved. TiVo, the TiVo logo, the Thumbs Up logo and the Thumbs Down logo are registered trademarks. Netflix is a registered trademark of Netflix, Inc. HBO GO is a trademark of Home Box Office, Inc. All other company, product and brand names, logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.