Jackson Energy Authority provides the infrastructure and cost-efficient utilities to attract new and expanding industry to Jackson, TN. In being a publicly-owned utility, we not only have a conscientious awareness of customer needs and concerns but also strong community engagement and strategic partnerships with the Jackson Chamber. As the community's provider for electric, natural gas, propane, water, wastewater, and telecommunications services, we offer a single point of contact to coordinate all your utility infrastructure and service needs.
For all of your economic development utility needs, contact Jackson Energy Authority’s Economic and Industrial Development department.
John Nanney, Vice President
Economic and Industrial Development
What sets us apart:
- We are one of very few public utilities in the United States to offer all major utilities (electricity, natural gas, propane, wastewater, water, cable TV, Internet and telephone) from one company.
- 24 hour-a-day availability to respond to equipment problems, emergencies, and questions for customer service and billing.
- We provide on-site inspections, equipment audits, and advice on efficient energy use.
- Availability of an outdoor lighting program to add safety/security to parking lots and grounds.
- Customized solutions created based on operational needs.
- Some of the lowest electric rates within the TVA service territory.
- Jackson Energy Authority is the utility service provider to the only TVA/Deloitte Consulting designated Enterprise Data Center site in the state of Tennessee.
- Jackson Energy Authority serves as a member of Team Madison County, partnering with the Jackson Chamber, City of Jackson, Madison County, State of Tennessee, and TVA to promote the economic development of the Jackson, Tennessee area
- Abundant, 100% aquifer-based water supply.
- 100% fiber optic Gigabit Ethernet network with bandwidth availability to 10 Gbps (dark fiber).
- As the West TN hub for the TVA electric transmission system, JEA has five geographically diverse high-voltage transmission lines (500 kV & 161 kV) serving the Jackson area.
- Of over 2,000 public power companies in the United States, JEA is the only utility to receive the American Public Power Association’s (APPA) RP3 Diamond Award six consecutive times for reliability, safety, and customer service performance.
- Access to two high-pressure natural gas transmission pipelines systems.
- Jackson Energy Authority was one of only two public natural gas systems in the United States to receive the prestigious American Public Gas Association’s SOAR (System Operational Achievement Recognition) Gold award for commitment to excellence in system integrity, system improvement, employee safety and workforce development.
- Industrial park areas with the capability of being served by either of our two water treatment plants with over 10 million gallons per day of available excess capacity.
- A telecommunications system that offers connectivity to three long-haul fiber companies offering service with multiple data carriers.
- Water and wastewater treatment plants that currently operate with over 10 million gallons per day of excess available capacity, which means infrastructure is currently in place to keep rates competitive.
- Energy Check energy-management tool for medium to large industrial or commercial customers.
- Water conservation/reuse efforts for industrial processes.
- Pre-treatment program.
- Grease prevention program to ensure infrastructure stability.
- Energy conservation efforts in partnership with Tennessee Valley Authority.
- Green Power programs to support renewables and reduce your carbon footprint.