Remember that if you are experiencing an emergency, call 911. If you are experiencing a power outage, gas emergency or water emergency call 731-422-7500 immediately to report it.
From time to time you may experience an issue with your utility services that needs attention but not immediately. Some non-emergency situations are often fixable without ever requiring the need for a Jackson Energy Authority technician. If you have a non-emergency problem, please contact Jackson Energy Authority customer service and support. Refer to the list below for examples of basic household utility problems.
Samples of Basic Non-Emergency Household Utility Problems:
- Learn more about non-emergency problems for Cable TV, Internet and Telephone services.
- Lines Down or Loose Wires
- Low Hanging Wire
- Street Light or Security Light Out
- Tree or Tree Branch in Power Line
- Damaged Electrical Equipment on My Home
- Relight Pilot Light
- Decorative Gas Light Out
- Gas Grill Maintenance
- Suspected Water Leak
- Need Water Leak Adjustment
- Meter Box Damaged
- Very Low Water Pressure
- Standing or Running Water in the Yard
- Sewage Back Up
- Bubbling in Toilet
- Sewage Smell in the House
City Garbage Collection
- “City Garbage Collection” is a charge from the City of Jackson and the City of Medina (whichever city you live in) for picking up your garbage. As a convenience to City residents, Jackson Energy Authority acts as a billing and collection agent only for the City garbage service. Everyone inside the City of Jackson and City of Medina will incur this fee. For questions regarding your garbage collection in the Jackson area, please call the City of Jackson Health and Sanitation Department at 731-425-8545 or the City Hotline at 731-425-CITY between the hours of 7am and 4pm Monday through Friday. If you have questions about garbage service for the City of Medina, please call the City of Medina Public Works Department at 731-783-3913.