Natural Gas System Operations and Maintenance
To ensure the delivery of safe, reliable natural gas, JEA performs regular maintenance tasks, which may include the following:
- Odorant Testing – Our technicians test for odorant levels throughout the natural gas system routinely to ensure that there is enough odorant in the gas to provide a distinctive rotten egg odor when natural gas is present in the air.
- Patrolling – Our crews perform routine inspections along Right-Of-Ways, bridges, and water crossings to monitor the natural gas infrastructure for potential hazards.
- Leak Surveys – Our leak survey technicians regularly survey our gas system throughout the year to monitor the integrity and safety of our natural gas system.
- Corrosion Prevention – Our experts systematically check and maintain the gas pipelines throughout the system to ensure that we are proactive in preventing corrosion on existing infrastructure.
- Customer Meter Maintenance – Our service men routinely inspect, paint as necessary, and maintain every meter in our natural gas system
- Valve Maintenance – Our crews systematically inspect and operate every critical valve in JEA’s natural gas system each year.