All meter spots, determined by an engineering inspection, will be made by an authorized Jackson Energy Authority representative before electrical work begins as to determine the point of attachment. The meter spot and point of delivery shall be necessary for, but not limited to, the following:
- Every electric customer doing wiring requiring a new electric service or meter
- Every electric customer doing wiring that involves an electrical service that has been off for 12 months or longer and the meter has been removed
- Every electric customer doing wiring that involves a change to an existing electric service or meter on Jackson Energy Authority's electric system
Meter bases for electric services of 400 amps or below must be purchased by the customer from an electrical supply distributor. Meter bases for electric services above 400 amps will be provided at no cost by Jackson Energy Authority and can be picked up at the Jackson Energy Authority warehouse located at 320 Highway 45 Bypass, Jackson, TN 38301. All meter bases must be installed by the customer on a substantial support free from vibration.
Jackson Energy Authority will not connect a new service unless all of the following applies:
- A meter spot has been obtained
- The proper meter base has been installed in the proper location and meets Jackson Energy Authority's installation and meter base specifications
- A copy of the final inspection has been received from the electrical inspector (city or state)
- An application for service has been made by the customer
If all of the above applies, Jackson Energy Authority will have three (3) working days after the final inspection has been made to connect electric service. Please consult the Contractor Electric Packet below for requirements and specifications.
Current Transfomer (CT) Enclosure
- CT cabinets will be required on 120/208v 3 phase underground services above 400A and all 277/480v underground services.
- Overhead services greater than 400A require a CT cabinet unless installation is approved to be mounted on the building by the Jackson Energy Authority meter shop or project coordinator.
- Cabinet size shall allow for ample space to mount CT’s and/or PT’s to be installed vertically or horizontally.
- Cabinet requirements:
- Type 3R Rainproof Continuous Hinge
- UL 50 Listed
- Painted ANSI 61 Grey
- Manufactured by Eaton, C&I or approved equal
Please consult the Contractor Electric Packet below for more requirements and specifications.