All meter spots, determined by an engineering inspection, will be made by Jackson Energy Authority before electrical work begins as to determine the point of attachment. Meter bases are provided by Jackson Energy Authority and must be installed by the customer on a substantial support free from vibration. Bases can be picked up at the Jackson Energy Authority warehouse located at 320 Highway 45 Bypass, Jackson, TN 38301.
Current Transfomer (CT) Enclosure
- CT cabinets will be required on 120/208v 3 phase underground services above 400A and all 277/480v underground services.
- Overhead services greater than 400A require a CT cabinet unless installation is approved to be mounted on the building by the Jackson Energy Authority meter shop or project coordinator.
- Cabinet size shall allow for ample space to mount CT’s and/or PT’s to be installed vertically or horizontally.
- Cabinet requirements:
- Type 3R Rainproof Continuous Hinge
- UL 50 Listed
- Painted ANSI 61 Grey
- Manufactured by Eaton, C&I or approved equal
Please consult the appropriate Electric Packet below for more requirements and specifications.