Helping Others

A financial crisis created by unforeseen life events can happen to people from all walks of life. These financial hardships often lead many struggling to pay utility bills. Through community-funded programs, small donations collected can add up to make a big difference in the lives of those in our community.


Help make a difference in someone’s life right here in your own community. UtiliCare helps provide utility assistance to those in our community who need utility assistance. Unique situations and unforeseen life events can create difficulties in maintaining utility services from time to time. UtiliCare makes it easier for customers who would like to help those less fortunate and facing financial hardships in our community.

Donating is Easy! All you need to do is select your level of contribution to be made, either a one-time donation or a monthly recurring donation. Your contribution of choice will be included on your monthly Jackson Energy Authority utility bill. Each month, donations are collected and dispersed to Southwest Human Resource Agency (SWHRA) to be used exclusively for Jackson Energy Customers needing utility assistance.

If you are interested in participating in the UtiliCare program, please call Jackson Energy Authority at 731-422-7500 to have one of our Customer Service Representatives get you enrolled. At any time for any reason, you may opt-out of the program by calling Jackson Energy Authority.

To learn more about SWHRA, visit their website. SWHRA is a public non-profit agency that serves an eight-county region including Madison County. SWHRA takes a holistic approach to meeting the needs of individuals by providing utility assistance and training opportunities.


Community Services

Southwest Human Resources Agency offers assistance with utility bills to eligible families through many programs such as the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), Self-Sufficiency, Weatherizing Homes, etc. To find out more information on services provided and eligibility requirements, please call SWHRA at 731-423-8768 or visit their website.